Monday, August 20, 2007

Setting the Record Straight


We've let you have your fun with the Team Red Bull/Chevy rumor, and — well maybe we're just tired of this rain delay — but we think it's time to stop the madness. Armed with a fleet of Camrys, Red Bull Racing is in fact returning with Toyota in 2008. We repeat ... Red Bull Racing is returning with Toyota in 2008.

No Chevy. No Impala. Nothing but Red Bull Camrys stamped with the mark of Toyota. Insiders call it the "bug" and it can hold its own with the bowtie any day. (BTW — Shout out to BV and Braun for the great show during the only sunny day in Michigan! And let's not forget the Leffler/Reutimann battle for the first Toyota victory at ORP.) The Camry's win in the Busch Series is just a preview of what's to come.

On the flip side, while Toyota continues to make a name for itself in NASCAR, it's already rollin' the red carpet with Hollywood A-listers.

Cue the Prius and the stars will follow. See Julia, Leo and Brad go green. We love Larry David and the fact that Toyota's HQ is in Southern California. Nothing better than doing business in a major sunshine state.

And sure, Chevrolet has the '57, but there's no denying that the Toyopet Crown raised the bar for cars in the U.S.? No seriously, the Supra is "the" '57 Chevy of gen-X, Y and Z long before the Fast and the Furious brought street racing to the silver screen. Plus the Supra is six degrees of separation to the Camry. No bull.

There's no denying the bowtie boasts an incredible heritage, but we're sticking with Toyota and the "bug," which is coming in the rearview mirror near you, maybe tomorrow, maybe next week or the week after. Most importantly, it's coming.

15 Comments:

Blogger Kristin Weaver said...

Wouldn't trade my Toyota for a Chevy! I love it. Glad to hear that Team Red Bull will continue driving 'yotas. Now, hopefully we can get a race in today so we can see that 83 Camry running up front.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the TOYOTA is here to stay. The guys at the shop have worked their butts off and with that type of change we would start over again!!! Lets get this year under our belts and be on top in '08!
Go TRB we believe and know this year was a learning one and next year will be the winning one!!
Good luck today Brian

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great post!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Thanks for answering the rumors rather then ignoring them and letting them build

10:01 AM  
Blogger nicole83 said...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU for stopping the madness! Toyota is a nice fit with Red Bull. I can't wait untill the day one of our boys puts them in Victory Lane!

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear I don't have to sell my Toyotas!!!
Great Blog!!!! Now we're talkin'!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Kristin Weaver said...

POSTPONED AGAIN!!!: The 3M Performance 400 has been postponed until 10 a.m. ET

1:03 PM  
Blogger Kvnsm67 said...

I hope Brian's motorcoach is stocked up with a good supply of book to read.

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear! I absolutely love my Camry.

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my brand new Camry and I am glad to hear there is no switch on the way. We want to see TRB be the first Toy winner. This is good news! Thanks for answering the questions and rumors.

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I few up from Florida to watch Brian race both Bush and Cup races. Unfortunately I can’t stay any longer for tomorrows Cup race. Money down the drain unless NASCAR reschedules a different date. (I can plan ahead to get the time off)

At least I was able to see one good race this weekend. Sorry it didn’t turn out better but a top 10 finish is great and moves the # 10 up(+2) in owner points! Good job Brian and Good Luck tomorrow if they get the race in!

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not only waiting on the first win, I'm waiting on those engines improvements, more HP just like BV had in the Bush race cuz he was BEASTING out there! When that happens, say bye bye Chevy dominance, yo. I believe in TRB and I believe in the guys at TRD. Keep working hard, guys. I'm proud of everyone at TRB. You guys have the potential to be THE BEST team.

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see that toyota is staying strong in the cups series. I wonder if the rumours of joe gibbs joins the toyota stables had anything to do with it?? cuz that will certian help out.

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just getting around to reading this, but I too am thrilled that TRB will return to Toyota in 08. I bought my first Toyota (Prius!) last year (admittedly, TRB definitely influenced this decision) after being a strictly Chevy owner...and I'll never go back!

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, the Supra. How awesome. Not.

I wouldint touch a Camry. Ever. Most over rated car ever.

Nissan anyday baby.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home