Sunday, August 19, 2007

Chasin' Rain

Yet again another blog about the rain…but seeing as this is the fourth NASCAR race rainout of the season, it just seemed fitting. (Yep, count ‘em – Darlington, Richmond, Dover and Michigan). Rains poured down on Michigan International Speedway all through the night and into the morning. A small break in the rain was enough of a tease to send dryers onto the track and drivers onto the stage for intros, but before the last driver walked the stage, the rains were coming down again. Is second time a charm - or third? The green flag is scheduled to fall tomorrow at Noon (EST), but the forecast isn't looking any brighter - they're calling for 80% chance of rain. Keep your fingers crossed that we’re going racing tomorrow.


Blogger Kristin said...

Looks like the theme this year is if you want it to rain, schedule a NASCAR event in your hometown. I wish there was a way I could move it all down to Alabama. We are in desperate need of rain. Everyone start doing their rain dances now. Brian has a great car, and I would love to see some racing tomorrow. Now, where did I put my bosses home phone number? I gotta call in, I've got NASCARitis.

1:07 PM  
Anonymous lovinbv83 said...

Same here kristin were in desperte need of rain to in missouri too. The weather people also said it could be in the high 90's to low 100's until the end of October,so if that is the case the drivers will extra hot like the they were last fall at Kansas Speedway.Luckily I don't go to work until 3pm tomorrow so hopefully the race will be on tomorrow because I want to see that 83 race tomorrow.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Krystle said...

The last time we got rain here in Indy was over the Brickyard weekend. It's sprinkled a few times but most of the time the rain evaporated before it hit the top of the trees. I just hope they can get the race in tomorrow b/c I'll be able to listen to it at work on the radio. Tuesday there is so much going on that I won't be by a computer or the radio for at least half the race.

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Brian said...

I am praying for rain we had to get out of Michigan when we could our campground turned into the biggest mud pit ever. I hope it rains like crazy and it is moved to the last race in the chase so I am able to go back. Jayski posted that NASCAR is considering this.

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If they can't get it in tommorrow, they are thinking of Tuesday as well. This is just ridiculous. Go ahead, reschedule it for Thanksgiving weekend. With the weather forecast looking like it is, it's crazy to keep the crews and drivers there any longer.

5:45 PM  
Anonymous 83givzuwingz said...

I totally agree Brian! I am totally soaked (and freezing) from the track today! Thanksgiving weekend is best for us to go back too! We could probably pull off Tuesday, but tomorrow is a no-go! Oh my goodness! The parking lot was a total mud-pit.....I feel bad for those going tomorrow and have to try and park in that! People were getting stuck all over the place! And some were just playing around with 4 wheel drive! LOL And with more rain coming tomorrow doesn't look promising!

Bring on MIS in the chase! :)

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Brian said...

Well if anyone is camping in Juniper Hills we found a good way out that avoids almost all of the mud. Drive thru the vendor area that is located across from the track and then turn right and go down the last isle closest to turn 1 this will hook you up to the main road out of Juniper Hills. Hopefully everyone will be back in Michigan on November!

7:21 PM  
Blogger RvNGrammy said...

They could also reschedule it for next Monday - after the Bristol weekend.

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NASCAR said today that if they don't get it in on Monday, they will try for Tuesday. If that doesn't work then they will race it on Thanksgiving weekend. Never had a race on a Tuesday, but there was a race on Thanksgiving weekend. After 9-11, NHIS was moved back. I'll always remeber that. Hopefully they get it in. Having the teams and crews stay an extra day in MIS would be crazy. They have to get ready for Bristol.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Zachary said...

As badly as we've needed rain here in Michigan, I was hoping that the rain would have held off for the race, and today isn't looking too promising either. I'm hoping that they can run Tuesday, because Thanksgiving weekend for the past few years has had snow here. Though, a NASCAR race in a snowy background would offer some interesting pictures.

2:20 AM  
Anonymous ashley said...

Ahh. I was all set on watchin the race yesterday. School starts today so now I'll miss it! :(

3:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it doesnt look to promising for today or tomorrow...but what really sucks is its not suppost to rain on wed, its only going to be cloudy

maybe something will happen where it wont rain tomorrow

5:47 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Hey Zachary! We'd probably see snow angels again. LOL! As long as Kurt Busch isn't the one doing them.

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home