Always Have a Plan B
When you have 150 team members, 38 races, dozens of tests, DC-9’s and King Air’s, rental cars and hotels - you get a travel coordinator with a constant headache. The original plan was for the Texas road crew to depart Concord, NC today and head straight to Fort Worth, TX. That plan was perfect when the team was supposed to be testing in Kentucky on Wednesday…yet the test rained out and was postponed until Thursday! That’s when plan B came about: Have half the road crew depart from Concord, NC today, swing by and pick up the other half of the road crew in Covington, KY, before heading to The Lone Star State. Good thing the Cup garage doesn’t open until 7:30 AM tomorrow because it’s going to be a long day of traveling!