Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Radio Chatter

You'd think drivers wouldn’t be joking around with their team when they’re running in the Daytona draft at speeds over 200mph – but you’d be surprised what comes over the team radio during a race. We can’t share everything heard over the Red Bull Racing airwaves (some of AJ’s funny comments also happen to be R-rated language!), but we will let you in on some of the humor...


Daytona Chatter 1:
Brian Vickers: “You guys up on the pit box stay cool. I don’t want to have to come into the pits and get you any water.”
Doug Richert: “If we have any extra water, we’ll throw it down to you.”

Daytona Chatter 2:
Brian Vickers: “Hey David (spotter), do you see any lightning?
David Green: “Nope, the radar is clear.”
Brian Vickers: “Why don’t you hold an umbrella up real high and if we don’t hear from you, we’ll know why.”
Doug Richert: “David, he was just kidding.”
David Green: “I was hoping so!”

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was listening to the trackpass scanner on nascar.com and I heard the end of the first comment, he is just a little jokester

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was listening to the trackpass scanner also, and I heard those comments. I almost fell out of my seat laughing at the umbrella one!!!
Brian, Doug, and David have real good chemistry.

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh come on - lets hear from AJ and Ricky. I think we can handle it!!!

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I listened to trackpass scanner for about 15 minutes during the race but couldnt stand to be away from my TV..lol..I wish I would have heard them comments. Right now I'm sittin here crackin up. He can always put a smile on my face.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I listen to the scanner during every race that I watch. The 83 scanner always has something funny on it at some point during a race. I unfortuntely wasn't able to watch the race live this past weekend so thanks for posting some of the comments!

2:26 PM  
Blogger mallorybrasher said...

haha, i'm gonna have to get a scanner when i go to the races.
i wish they were on hotpass!

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love listening to Brian, Doug, and David on the team radio! They seem to get along well and that's HUGE for a good race team!

You guys in the 83 ROCK!!!!

WE BELIEVE!!!

3:13 PM  
Blogger RedBull83Fan said...

I was listening to that in the stands at the race and I was DYING! Those guys are awesome!

I wish ya'll would have put what Brian said after he got spun, that was pretty funny too!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Kristin Weaver said...

I was listening to the scanner at the track. He had me rollin'. People around me thought I had lost my mind, so I explained to them what was going on and they started laughing too.

I love the chemistry between David, Doug, and Brian.

Good luck in the truck race David. We are all cheering for you!

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People, If you go to a race you MUST rent or buy a scanner. It is the only way to watch a race.

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I put the receiving end of the baby monitor in front of my computer speakers and the other end in the living room. It works great. Just a tip if you have an unused baby monitor lying around.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was at the track, without a scanner, but I'm not suprised, they are always pretty funny on the radio.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home