Friday, July 06, 2007

Gift from the Racing Gods


OK, the 83 snuck into the show. The gods that produce large amounts of precipitation enough to cover 2.5 miles of asphalt four lanes wide gave Red Bull Racing a gift at just the right time.
The first words out of crew chief Doug Richert’s mouth acknowledged that the 83 wasn’t fastest enough when it counted in Friday’s qualifying at Daytona. No matter, the numbers finally worked in Red Bull Racing’s favor. Because BV won last October’s Nextel Cup race at Talladega, he was — based on the official title of “2006 race winner” — locked into the field when NASCAR determined that it was too wet to continue. That earned him the 36th starting position for the 400-miler.
BV is now putting in two shifts Saturday. The rain continued, and the Busch Series race was postponed until 9 a.m. Eastern. Later on at 8 p.m., he goes green in the Cup car.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so happy...I was just standing in front of the tv waiting for them to call it..and when they did I screamed...it sucks that he has to race two races and the pit crew has to do double duty but just keep hydrated take a nap after the busch race and kick some ass in the cup race

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two races in one day!! Brian has got his work cut out for him, but he can do it!!!
I BELIEVE IN BV!!!!!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Kristin Weaver said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Kristin Weaver said...

This really stinks. Not only for the drivers and crews, but for the fans. It's definitly going to be a long day at the track for all involved.

We started hyrdating ourselves when we got back to the hotel. Hopefully the drivers and crews are doing the same thing tonight.

Good luck tomorrow Brian. I'll be there cheering you on during the entire 650 miles!

7:42 PM  
Blogger RvNGrammy said...

I am so happy that Brian is racing! I hope to see him do well in both races....would love to see him beat all the other Cup drivers in the Busch race!

It is time for a Team Red Bull, Car 83, WIN!

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never been so stoked for rain!

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited and happy now!! I went to my aunt and uncle's thinking Brian missed the race and then found out he was in!! I ran around my house screaming "I loooove rain!!!!!!!" haha

Good luck in both races today Brian!! You can do it!! =)

6:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I about gave my dad a heart attack when it started raining b/c I started screaming! When Nascar finally cancelled qualifying, I started dancing. My dad thought I had lost my mind!!

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People, the fact still remains that the cars were not fast enough to make the show. With all do respect of course. That's twice that the 83 car has gotten into the show, because of weather. Is that how we really want to do it?

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thought on the weather thing is that Brian has been pushed out of other races by part-time teams or affected by early draws...........what goes around comes around. Brian's the better driver and has the better team and they've put up with enough crap already this season. They deserve this chance.........I can't wait to see Brian in the draft!

WE BELIEVE!!!

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, or whoever you are, quit your bitchin...There is no way you are a fan. It is not like TRB went outside the rules or bought a starting spot. It is part of the rules.

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home