Friday, October 10, 2008

Painting the Town with Speed


He never got the chance to qualify the No. 82 Red Bull Toyota. A steady drizzle took care of that Thursday at Lowe’s Motor Speedway. But at least Scott Speed got to show off his creative side as he welcomed media members to the Red Bull Energy Station.

Two young and talented graffiti artists were on hand, decorating custom white ball caps any and every way possible while Speed chatted it up with reporters. Later that day, word came down that NASCAR had called qualifying.

“For sure, it’s disappointing that qualifying got rained out because my crew and I were really looking forward to getting on track and racing a third car for Red Bull,” he said. “I’ve raced a Truck at Lowe’s, and I’ve also tested a Cup car here, so we thought it would be a good place for my first Cup race. I guess we still have two good things going for us, though — that I’ve also raced at Martinsville, and that we only have to wait another week to make our Cup debut.”

Speed will take over the No. 84 for the final five races. But first he’ll try to lock up the ARCA RE/MAX Series championship Sunday in Toledo, Ohio.

Brian Vickers and Mike Skinner will race Saturday night. The lineup was set on car owner points, with BV’s No. 83 starting 17th and Skinner’s No. 84 rolling off 34th. They’ll have two practice sessions today (5 and 6:20 p.m. ET).

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

slugger needs to wear that hat in martinsville...

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought for sure in case of a rain out, they'd put Speed in the 84 and tell Skinner thanks for playing...

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to read that BV will drive 17 races for Braun and Dollar General in the Nationwide series for 2009.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Kristin Weaver said...

It was definitly a suprise when I opened my NASCAR Scene and saw an article about Scott Speed. I just LOVED it! It made my day. I hate that he didn't get to qualify for the Bank of America 500. Darn rain! Good luck this weekend BV and Skinner.

WE BELIEVE.

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was also "pumped" to hear BV will drive in 17 Nationwide races in '09. That's something to look forward to.

I'm also expecting an excellent race Saturday night. Go get 'em boys!

5:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im starting to get pissed off when the announcers dont talk to BV after the Nationwide race. He finish 3rd!!! Good luck to BV and MS in the race anyway. Hope you win BV to show those Chasers how its done. :(

5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home