Friday, April 25, 2008

The Secret Side of AJ


Scratch the surface of AJ Allmendinger just a little, and it’s revealed that he may have been secretly watching “Divine Design” or “Trading Spaces” while he and wife Lynne house hunted in suburban Charlotte.

Every homeowner has a “must have” list. At the top of AJ’s are granite countertops. Believe it!

“I don’t know why, but I’m big on granite countertops,” he said. “If you would have asked me when I was buying my house what are the things you’re looking for … big this and that. No, it was granite countertops. We looked at houses, and I was like, ‘Nice house, but no granite countertops.’”

Downstairs is the “man cave.”

“Had to have a basement. I wouldn’t even look at a house without a basement. It’s the man cave,” he joked. “It’s sweet. Got the sliding glass doors. Step outside and you’re basically in the water. Lynne’s office is down there. I let her use the man cave when she needs to for her work stuff. But it’s not hers. She doesn’t get to touch anything.”

After today’s two practice sessions at Talladega, AJ and the No. 84 attempt to qualify for the Aaron’s 499 at 11:15 a.m. ET Saturday.

And don’t forget to check out Brian Vickers’ appearance tonight on Speed’s “Trackside.” While the show begins at 7:30 p.m. ET, Brian, a former Talladega winner, comes on at 8:05.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll tape Trackside and post it on YouTube.

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJ looking really good in final practice, fastest of the go-homers. Hopefully that transfers over into tomorrows qualifying! Good job guys!!

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he's faster than everyone in qualifying trim. he has a BIG shot at winning the pole.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Kristin Weaver said...

What is up with guys and their "man caves"? Aj looked great in final practice. I'd love to see 2 RBR Camry's on Sunday. Definitly would be great.

Brian goes out 21st and AJ goes out 40th tomorrow morning for qualifying.

Good luck boys! WE BELIEVE.

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott Speed wins, next year to the 84. Has AJ won in any event NO!!!!!

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If AJ cant qualify with only 46 cars attenpting then give Scott Speed a chance in the 84.

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are right give Scott a chance in the 84

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

morons. what part of Scott Speed getting his own car in Cup series don't you understand? anywaaays, I really wasn't expecting Scott Speed to win this early, and on a 1.5 miler track, which is very important. great great job. I hope he keeps on winning.

o! and Trackside was pretty awesome. I'm going to upload the footage tonight on YouTube.

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh and to you people who don't believe in AJ, I would love the see the look on your faces tomorrow when AJ wins the pole.

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Man cave", haha aren't men so cute sometimes?

I must say, after watching trackside, I think I like Brian Vickers even more. Alright, I'm bias, hearing the whole bit about him and horse back riding sold me. The story about Smokey the horse had me in tears, I've been there and done that myself a few times. I applaud the girl, for staying on as long as she did.

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe if AJ had the same seat time as Scott is getting we would not be having this conversation right now. Also, just because you are successful in ARCA does not mean you are going to be successful in Cup.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Kristin Weaver said...

Of course the Scott Speed talk would start again. It's not like we haven't heard it all with every blog posted about Aj. Give it a rest! AJ is doing great. Everyone has to remember last year was brand new to him and Red Bull Racing. He is doing the best he can this year, considering he was pulled from the car for 5 races. He kept his head up, continued going to the shop and to the track to learn things. Just deal with it. AJ is in the 84 and not Scott. If you wanna see Scott race, check out the Craftsman Truck Series and ARCA Re-Max Series racing tomorrow.

I came over hear to post about BV being on Trackside and ended up having to defend AJ, yet again. By the way, awesome interview Brian. Probably the best I've seen in a while. Plus I wanted to let everyone know that Sunday,Brian will be a guest of NASCAR NOW on ESPN. I don't know what time it will be on, as I will be at the track, but hopefully everyone will get a chance to watch this.

Good luck in Qualifying tomorrow!

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol Scott's interview is pretty funny. he looks like he drank 5 red bull before the interview.

http://www.arcaracing.com
/videos.cfm?mediaid=717

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BV will be on NASCAR Now on Sunday at 9am Central time.

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats to Scott Speed!

Quick question.. is this Red Bull's first stock car victory? If so, Scott has bragging rights! LOL!

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats SS!!! This si not technically a RBRT car, he races in ARCA for Eddie Sharp Racing. Great job though. Welcome back AJ have a great run Sunday! And BV was fantastic on Trackside.

4:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job!

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home