Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Tim’s Trained Eye


AJ Allmendinger’s spotter, former driver Tim Fedewa, admitted he sometimes got lost in the blur of Red Bull blue.

Being AJ’s second set of eyes requires that Fedewa be perched high atop something, usually a press box or corporate suites, and from there it’s tough to tell who’s who when both cars are blue. And it’s not like every track is the size of tiny Martinsville.

“At times, you had to really stay on top of it,” Fedewa said. “You couldn’t take your focus away from your respective car. I just couldn’t take my eyes off AJ, especially when Brian was around. When you go back, your focal point is a blue car with some yellow trim. You couldn’t tell. There’s two of them.”

Not anymore. AJ’s No. 84 will be silver the rest of the way.

“Fedewa will finally be able to see,” AJ joked. “He’s getting old. He’s getting up there in age and his eyes are starting to go.”

Listen to Tim talk about it in our audio section at www.redbullracingusa.com.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha listen to AJ riding fedewa pretty hard!!!!

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Timmy - he takes such abuse from AJ lol.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Kristin Weaver said...

Ok! I have a question. I was reading the Red Bull Racing Preview for Talladega. In it it says BV is racing in the Nationwide race in the #32. Well, I just looked at the Nationwide Entry list and it has Denny Hamlin in the #32. Which one is right? I'm going to the race,and want to make sure I cheer EXTRA loud for BV>

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe it's wrong. it's not listed on brianvickers.com. but I wouldn't mind if they put BV in the #32 this weekend.

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just looked at braunracing.com and they have Hamlin in the car, so I am going with that. Also, I am very jealous that you are going to Talladega with weekend!!!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Kristin Weaver said...

Thanks Curt and Anonymous for clearing that up. By the way, anonymous...guess I shouldn't tell you that I'll be in the garage all weekend. LOL!

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha!! No because I am stuck at school writing essays like they are going out of style!!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Kristin Weaver said...

Oh, I have 2 tests on Monday morning but NOTHING is stopping me from playing in the garage at 'dega.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Bull Rider said...

Brian is NOT in the No. 32 this weekend. His next Nationwide race is May 24 at Charlotte. Bull Rider swings and misses on that one.

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When is the next Bull chat with BV?

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

after he wins on Sunday ;)

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good answer!!!

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there going to be an offer again this year for Club V members to go to the Engergy Station at the Charlotte race? (Nation Wide)

Good luck this weekend both Brian and AJ!!
AJ, hope your WINGS have growen and you fly around the track! Keep your head up, we know you can do it.

4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJ finished 5th in the 2006 truck race at Talladega. He can do it.

TrackPass is free on nascar.com this weekend :)

8:56 AM  
Blogger Kristin Weaver said...

That was for the fall October race, and wasn't announced until the middle of the summer. Hopefully it will be. I had a blast last year!

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home