Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ride 'Em Cowboy


Cross mechanical bull riding off Scott Speed’s to-do list.

Driver No. 84 spent Tuesday in Fort Worth, Texas, hanging on for dear life after learning from the best in bull riding, world champion Tuff Hedeman. Sporting a black cowboy hat, shirt, No. 84/rookie stripe on his back and with his chest sticking out like a true cowboy (no chaps), Speed took a few pointers from Hedeman and then proceeded to get tossed all over the place.

“It’s definitely one of those things that’s way harder than it looks,” Speed said. “I’ve been riding for the last hour, and I am WORN out. My groin muscle is destroyed. I am so tired. I wanted to ride a real bull — that was my first idea — but that got ixnayed by the lawyers.”

Hedeman was impressed.

“Scott is the kind of guy that if he wanted to be a bull rider, I’m sure he could,” Hedeman said. “Physically he is probably the right size. Most bull riders aren’t that big. Mentally, bull riders and race car drivers are all kind of cut from the same cloth. They are not afraid of danger. The adrenaline rush is what excites them.”

Speed, of course, took in the Texas culture, chilling with Hedeman, munching some barbeque and shopping at the Fort Worth Stockyards.

“I’m really having a great time here in Texas,” Speed said, “in my little cowboy hat and cowboy uniform experiencing this culture and hanging out with Tuff. I enjoy experiencing different cultures and different ways of life. I’m really lucky to be able to do all that.”

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! Happy birthday to BV! hope its good luck for the atlanta race, maybe a top 5 or a win. Can you still believe he is still only 25? :P

7:46 AM  
Blogger Kristin Weaver said...

Happy Birthday, BV! We hope you have a great weekend. Just remember, your fans are thinking of you today.

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!! :-)

12:52 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

Happy 25th birthday Brian!! Have a great weekend and good luck :)

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home