Friday, May 09, 2008

Here He Comes


The crew chief on Red Bull Racing Team’s No. 84 has an appreciation for “Speed Racer.” The driver? Not so much.

“I watched a little bit of ‘Speed Racer’ growing up, but I can’t say I was a fanatic,” AJ Allmendinger said. “I’m not going to lie — I was more of a ‘Scooby Doo’ and ‘Flintstones’ type of guy. But I know if you talk to Ricky Viers, he was a huge ‘Speed Racer’ fanatic.”

Indeed.

“Everyday I’d come home and watch ‘Speed Racer’ after school while I was doing my homework. That way, I could watch more TV later on,” Viers said. “I remember ‘Speed Racer.’ I’m an old timer, but I remember watching it. I loved watching ‘Speed Racer’ when I was growing up.”

“Speed Racer” hits theaters today.

P.S.: There are two practice sessions at Darlington Raceway (noon and 2 p.m. ET) before this evening’s time trials (5:15 p.m.).

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All Right - two RB cars in the show again. Great job by AJ to gather it up and run a good second lap! Now lets hope for a good race.

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJ- That was freaking awesome!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Bull Rider said...

impressive, indeed.

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed AJ's run, I had to run a sim race. AJ's back and better than ever. I don't even worry for him on Fridays anymore, they're THAT good now. I hope to see one of the bulls in victory lane tmrw night. I know BV's happy with his car.

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

curt where'd you get that info about BV? post a link please....

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched both practice sessions on SPEED and the guys in the booth said that BV is happy with the car's handling, right after he ran a hot lap (10th quickest at the time) and came down pitroad. they must've had people listening to his scanner.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Kristin Weaver said...

WooHoo! Another weekend with 2 Red Bull Camry's in the show. Congratulations RBR! I'm very impressed with how AJ has done since climbing back into the car. Now, let's hope for a great race. Good luck tomorrow 83 and 84 teams and drivers.

WE BELIEVE!

Also, has everyone been voting for the All-Star race?

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally impressed with AJs qual run today. He has done a terrific job since he has been back in the car! Lets go get them tomorrow boys. GO TRB!

11:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It looks as RBRT has also been working on the rear-end housing to match the performance of Carl Edwards. It was noted that many teams were trying to match the setup that Edwards has been winning with on 1.5 mile speedways which makes the car look like it is driving sideways down the straightaway. I could definitely tell BV had this in his car during qualifying. Good luck to the 83 and 84 teams tonight!

Anyone know how many cars will be going to the back? There were a ton of wrecks in practice and qualifying so BV and AJ could be moving up a little in the starting lineup.

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Wachowski bros certainly put a lot of effort into making Speed Racer... the movie overall looked and felt like a cross between anime, a kaleidoscope, that Flintstones movie, a video game and the Dukes of Hazard

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home