Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Rebeaud Lassos Victory


Swiss rider Mat Rebeaud soared to victory in America’s first Red Bull X-Fighters event Saturday at the Fort Worth Stockyards. Twelve of the world’s best freestyle moto X riders competed in front of 20,000 fans celebrating a rodeo theme.

Rebeaud won the season opener in Mexico City and used a daring jump called the Backflip Superman Indy to defeat Jeremy Stenberg in the final. Another American, Jeremy Lusk, finished third.

“This is my first win in America,” Rebeaud said. “I gave it everything on my last jump, and if anything had gone wrong I would have paid heavily. I was under massive pressure, but the feeling of relief now is indescribable.”

After three events, Rebeaud leads the overall classification with 280 points. Stenberg is second (235) and Robbie Maddison third (165). The next event is July 4 at the converted Oetelshofen Quarry in Germany.

6 Comments:

Blogger Nomar said...

Good to see 2008 merchandise up on brianvickers.com finally...now if the price could lower a bit, I think I'd be all set with it, but whatever, I'll pay to wear 83 gear.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Nomar said...

Actually, let me go ahead and retract my last statement since none of the new shirts seem to be available in the XL size....so, I guess I won't be getting any new gear.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Kristin Weaver said...

NASCAR Teleconference was today, and special guests were BV and AJ. Here is the link to the transcript:

http://www.race2win.net/wc/08/06/ntbvaa.html

2:22 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

I can't get any of the merchandise as I do not have a credit card. If it were available on the NASCAR.com Superstore (and it should be, they still have Hendrick stuff there!,) I'd order pretty much all of it.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Kristin Weaver said...

One other thing, Happy Birthday to Kevin Hamlin!

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kevin

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home